- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- the juice of one lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 hot red pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- Whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic, pepper, and ginger together, and let them set for a few minutes.
- Cut the root end off of the fennel, and score it so that it will suck up more of the liquid.
- Separate the layers of fennel, and arrange them in the bowl so that the base ends are in the oil mixture.
- Let it set in the refrigerator for an hour or until you want to serve it.